Guru is not different from the conscious Self

chandresh_kumar

Guru is not different from the conscious Self

Post by chandresh_kumar »

गुरुबुध्यात्मनो नान्यत् सत्यं सत्यं वरानने |
तल्लभार्थं प्रयत्नस्तु कर्त्तवयशच मनीषिभिः ||

“Gurubuddhyatmano naannyaat satyam satyam varanane
Tallabhartham prayatnastu kartavyashch maneeshibhih”
"The Guru is not different from the conscious Self. Without any doubt, wise men should make an effort to seek knowledge of the Atman from Him. :F0 "
Saille

Re: Guru is not different from the conscious Self

Post by Saille »

Chandresh ji, I'm always surprised when I see a nugget of beauty like your post, thank you, and Namaste! :F0

Yes, the Guru is the conscious self. It's so important to remember that there is no separation between anything or anyone. We have lives, and physical bodies, and egos that have allowed us to leave the Source and experience things through our bodies and senses (Ahamkara).

But there is no "I." No "you." And we have access to everything, everything! And we can access that wisdom through our own inner wisdom, the divine Spark that connects us all. This is why, for those of you who wonder how this could be true, we are a Guru. We can sit at the feet and learn from those who are wiser than we are, for we have known them in lifetimes before, from time before time. That inner wisdom, our inner Guru, is our intuition, the part of the self that holds the ancient wisdom until such time that we can override our rational self. Listen. Shhhhhh. It's the second, quiet whisper. True wisdom, Truth, can be hard to hear over the television and the ego's clamoring for attention, and the dishwasher or our bosses and family's demands. Enter meditation, the door to our inner wisdom.