drugs and reiki

Beeholtz

drugs and reiki

Post by Beeholtz »

So a week ago i attuned my first person to usui reiki 1, it was my friend and he had been practicing and noticed the feelings in his palms get stronger, i explained the more you use it the better. He called me about a week after i attuned him and said that he smoked marijuana and felt the reiki much stronger and felt like he had more reiki flowing and more powerfully as well. I dont do drugs so thankfully i dont really have to worry about it but i am curious still. Since he does not have an account here yet he asked if i could ask a question for him? anyone have any info or experience with marijuana and reiki.
loveangels

Re: drugs and reiki

Post by loveangels »

Gee, this is really curious.

I don't know much but really I personally think that drugs will only cause his chakras to get "dirty" and become blocked in any case. Drug use will not help him in his spiritual path at all. They do make you feel a heap of sensations but I don't think it will increment his vital energy in any way, quite the contrary.

I think what he felt was just the effect of the marihuana. When your consciousness is altered by certain substances the outside world kind of gets pushed into the background and your body becomes the main character. So apparently it might seem that your sensations and what you feel are stronger than when not using drugs but I think it is just an illusion. Since the mind doesn't pay so much attention to the outside world it seems like the body is feeling more but it's just feeling the same as it would be without the marihuana but you sense it more, you are more aware of it because the background noise is kind of "cut off" and your body is in the spot light.

Anyway, I'm not an expert here, just somebody walking the path and there maybe things which I'm not aware of or may be wrong.

See what the others have to say.
Kymeth

Re: drugs and reiki

Post by Kymeth »

According to spiritualist teachers I have spoken too over time, they always suggest not being intoxicated by drugs, or alcohol, especially for daily meditation, including Reiki work. Imo, it would change the natural energy flow of the body while under the influence. Also, depending on the strain of the herb used it can create a cerebral energy rush - or a relaxed mode.