what is Karmic bond?

lighthope

what is Karmic bond?

Post by lighthope »

what is Karmic bond?
i have gone through several times about this word but could understand it.. plzz explain it..is it related to hindi word karma?
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Theory of karma - what is Karmic bond?

Post by mohan »

lighthope wrote:i have gone through several times about this word but could understand it.. plzz explain it..is it related to hindi word karma?
Yes. It is.

WHAT IS KARMA
I would say, every physical or mental action or deed that you perform through out your life is called Karma. You may correlate it to Newton’s law of ‘every action must have a reaction’. When we think, speak or act we initiate a force that will react accordingly.
Your all physical activities like, walking, running, standing, crying, watching, not- watching, inhaling, exhaling, thinking, not-thinking, speaking, not-speaking, eating, not-eating etc…
are performed by all your ten senses, organs; performed as influenced and propelled by the likes and dislikes, attachments and non-attachments and with the co-operation of your mind and intellect are called 'Karma'.
There are certain rules and they are Eternal and Universal.
1) For every Karma done, there will be a an effect (reward or punishment) which can not be wished away by doer. Good karma will get you good effects and bad karma will get you bad consequences.
2) The time at which the the effect will manifest may not be immediate.
3) When the effect will manifest and with what intensity, to what extent of reward or punishment - it lies purely at cosmic intelligence.

Karmas are commonly divided into 3 categories:

(1) SANCHIT KARMA
These are Cumulative Karma also known as “Karmasaya”. It is the sum of our past karmas – all actions (good and bad) from our past life follow through to the next life.
When a man leaves the physical body, he carries with him his astral body of certain Tattvas and the Karmasaya as well, to the mental plane. This Karmasaya is burnt by highest knowledge obtained through Asamprajnata Samadhi.

(2) PRARABDHA KARMA
Each lifetime, a certain portion of the sanchita karma, most suited for the spiritual evolution at the time, is chosen to be worked out, during the course of the lifetime it is called as Prarabdha Karma. So, prarabdha are the part of sanchita karma which are ready to be experienced in the present birth.

(3) KRIYAMAN KARMA / AKAMYA KARMA
These are actions done at the spur of a moment or time in the present birth which instantaneously bears fruit and results in reaction then and there.

Well, let us understand the detailed meaning and the impact of the above three categories of Karma with an example.
Suppose I have 2000 Sanchit karmas (Cumulative Karma) And I decide to eradicate 20 karma. So I take birth with 20 karma this is my Prarabdha. But in this life I forget my aim to eradicate 20 karmas and I die with out eradicating Prarabdha; here in this birth I have made 40 more karma these are Akamya.
So it became as follows,
2000 - 20 + 40 + 20 = 2040 Sanchit karmas

The main purpose of having a human body is to acquire MOKSHA i.e liberation from the cycle of birth and death and secure union with God from whom you are separated. That is the only final target and ultimate goal of human life it can be achieved by burning all your Sanchit karmas.

About Karmic Bond
Karma is formed when you significantly infringe another’s province, creating an energy imbalance that then seeks resolution. Usually a karmic debt is repaid in kind. For example, if John kills Bob, Bob will kill John or John will save the life of Bob in a subsequent lifetime.
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: what is Karmic bond?

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear all,
Fantastic explanation by dear Mohan.
More queries on this most welcome.
According to me burning off karmas is more than 90% effort on path to ultimate spiritual experiences & final liberation.
There are various ways of solving the Karmic cycles.
Remember Karmic bond is only a part of the "Karma" truth(not just theory).
dear Mohan has explained the entire Karma Truth.

There are also some Indian traditions that don't believe the Karma, cause & Effect principles. But instead of just following them blindly it needs to be understood before undertaking it. All the best to them as its takes janmas(birth) to solve this with the karmic archive or Sanchit karmas just piling up every birth.So if they chose the path one must try to finish it in this life only. A tall task but a few have done it.
Personally I do believe the Karma Truth hence call it Truth.
How to solve the Karmas & eradicate them will be discussed in another post & sessions will also be given in the coming months.
Thanks Monika for coming up with the query but a little extra effort to construct the query more elaborately will be appreciated.
Narayan Debnath

Post by Narayan Debnath »

Respected Mohanji & Steveji,
Thank You very much for focussing on Karma in detail.While reading Mohanji's post I engrossed in my prev. & present life counting my karma.I think it opened another door for me to contemplate the purpose of life.Really,the post is enough in changing ones mind for a better spiritual life.
Looking forward for more similar topic.Thanks.
May God Bless All.
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mohan »

It being very vital topic, I tried to explain it lucidly but do not know how much succeed am I?
More queries on this most welcome.
Yes! This is a little complex topic but Stephen & I want it to be understood by all.
pradeep_shaktawat

Post by pradeep_shaktawat »

:F0
Really it is very interesting topic, Thank You Mohan ji & Steve ji for Detailed Guidance..
Now According to me the summery is :-->
"Karmik bonds are KARMA Which Bound the SOUL"

'' कार्मिक बंधन यानी की, कर्म जो आत्मा के साथ बंधे/जुड़े हुए हैं."

My opinion about Karmic Bond is :--> "What's About Our SOUL"

:F0
angelicdiamond

Post by angelicdiamond »

Thank you, Mohan, for this information. But I do have a question. Is it possible or impossible or reincarnate as an animal or other being due to our karma? I've heard mixed opinions about this. I've came up with names for each of these:

The Merit System: Some in China believe that we can reincarnate as an animal if we do not have excellent karma and receive blessings or "spiritual merit." I heard a Teacher say that the animals, plants, earth, celestials, and angels all bless us daily to help us gain enough merit to reincarnate as a human again, and that it takes zillions of zillions of blessings to do so.

Once Human Always Human: One Christian Mystic said that it is impossible to reincarnate as anything but human, and that our bodies will only change as the human race evolves.

Karmic Choice: On a documentary about reincarnation, I heard that our karma decides our next body, and that we can clear our karma be chanting the names of God. The narrator said especially one specific name, but I couldn't understand what he was saying...

So which one of these opinions is correct? Is it up for debate? Thank you for your help!
-Wes