Children Practising Reiki

JOBIAL ALEX

Children Practising Reiki

Post by JOBIAL ALEX »

Dear freinds,
Can children[above 14 years] study REIKI LEVEL 3? Some masters say that children cannot study reiki 3 level. Please tell me what is your opinion about it?
angelicdiamond

Re: Children Practising Reiki

Post by angelicdiamond »

I read once that a child at 8 years old can be attuned to Reiki, but that it's not a good idea to attune children under 8 years old because their energy system is not fully developed, however it is possible.

My opinion is that a child has the ability to use and understand Reiki level 3 around the age of 13 (because I've seen one and felt her energy), but that's for the average child. Everyone grows physically, mentally, and spiritually at their own pace, so I think that if a 13 year old wants to be attuned to any form of Reiki, it should be insured that they understand everything Reiki has to do with (the chakras, the different bodies, energy work, vibrations, how the symbols work, what Reiki really is, etc.). If one can't wrap their mind around these things at any age, maybe it's not time to become a Reiki master or practitioner. It all depends on the individual.

(of course, this is coming from a 17 year old, so take it with a grain of salt. ^_^)

Highest Blessings!
-Wes
JOBIAL ALEX

Post by JOBIAL ALEX »

Dear Davis,
Thank you for your valuable information.I am a 14 year old boy who is wishing to study reiki 3 level.
angelicdiamond

Post by angelicdiamond »

Ah, I remember them good ol' days... ^_^ Like, three years ago, lol! My advice to you is not to rush into anything you find, be it Reiki or a spirituality of any kind. Learn all you can and take your time studying! One day your path may change and healing may not be what you want to do anymore. Personally, I've always been a healer and have always has a passion for healing in any way I can, and Reiki is in my heart. If you feel the same way, then keep studying and exploring! Be attuned to level 1 or even 2 (which you may already be) as you're learning and trying things out and seeing if it's for you.

Also, if you are seriously called for energy healing, I would suggest you look at other modalities too, to see if maybe you like one of them better. Maybe crystal healing is more your thing, or Shamballa, or EmoTrance, etc. The point is, don't master something you're not sure you want to do or don't know enough about xD

Obviously, I don't know your situation or your level of knowledge, so maybe you already know this is what you want to do. Pray about it, listen to your heart, and then step boldly! :D
JOBIAL ALEX

Post by JOBIAL ALEX »

Dear Wes,
I have started practising Seichim and Crystal healing a few months ago and have self attuned to Kundalini Reiki master level.
Blessings Jobial.
Tom

Post by Tom »

There doesn't seem to be a set minimum age for learning reiki. I have heard of children being attuned at less than one year old.
GailNelson

Post by GailNelson »

I haven't seen a minimum age myself...but I have seen children who naturally channel energy. Those only need the small nudge of an attunement to practice Reiki - although I say small nudge, I realize for adults it's generally more than a nudge - for children I think it's less dramatic and more natural than for us.
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Alex,
Age is no criteria for Reiki or Lightwork.
Infact children being innocent & UN-conditioned channel a lot of prana(life force). Reiki levels don't matter at all
I have seen non-attuned & even Usui Reiki-1 attuned children melt big tumors in front of my eyes.
However discretion & adult supervision is necessary.
The children should not be overburdened with symbols. It only decreases the energy flow. Remember while attuning the Symbols have been placed in their auric body & they do work.
However symbol work should be later incorporated in their study.
Each master has his own criteria and if he is good they should be honored or you can simply move on.
On Mastership I feel one cannot claim or declare to be a master just by getting a Usui 3 master attunement. One needs a sufficient amount of practice maybe 3 years. Just knowledge & ability is not enough. Also one doesn't need to know everything that goes around on the internet.
Blessings.
JOBIAL ALEX

Post by JOBIAL ALEX »

Dear Stephenji and friends,
Thank you very much.I have asked this question because a reiki master told me that only adults can study the master degree.I felt very very sad.It's at that time I saw this website and have received the master attunement by Mohanji yesterday.I have send healing to THC. But I can't send feedback and don't see the attunement record.So please help me.
highest blessings,
Jobial.