Reiki and Ego

Myst

Reiki and Ego

Post by Myst »

Hi Everybody!!   
Erin's ego thought for the day ;D

I know this is a post about Reiki and Ego, but it is more the Ego that I want to talk about. MeeeMeeeMeee....IiiiiiIiiiiiIiiii....   ;) Do you feel that Reiki has helped to diminish the ego, or strengthen it?

Ego --- The part of us that NEEDS to be individual, NEEDS to be rich, NEEDS to help others, NEEDS to heal others, NEEDS to feel good about the self/being. (Not that everyone has all of these OR that these are all there is to ego, just an example)

Not that having ego is good or bad, just what the experience of it is.  It is said by some that after all this life and past life blocks/beliefs/programs/memories have been cleared/removed/released/etc., that there will be nothing left but love. If this is so, then the ego disolves away, not even noticed by the being.

I think the experience of helping people helps to build self esteem where the self esteem is lacking.  That is, if you do not feel 100% love for yourself, you cannot be expressing 100% love to anyone else, and helping others helps us feel better about ourselves, too.

I would like to think that is OK, just as it is, especially since it is Universe/God/Spirit/Goddess/etc and not the healer that is providing the loving energy. I would also like to think that Reiki, being a loving energy, helps to heal the healer and removes the need for ego, little by little, the more Reiki is used.

So, I welcome experience from all levels of Reiki users AND anyone who has had other beneficial experiences that helped them with the NEED for ego.  ;)

Love and Peace,
Erin

Let It Be Easy Let It Be Easy Let It Be Easy Let It Be Easy Let It Be Easy Let It Be Easy Let It Be Easy Let It Be Easy
Last edited by Myst on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John.Apostolidis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Reiki and Ego

Post by John.Apostolidis »

Hello dear Myst
Yes Reiki is an energy that sources from love and compasion...
But a practitioner HAS to have his/her eyes open and aware!!!
It to easy to empower your EGO with Reiki !!!
Especially when someone is at the 2nd level if we talk about the traditional system...
Why this happens? Because at the 2nd level "powerfull" symbols are given...more techniques more effects and spiritual experiences... The prasctitioner who see in front of his/her eyes difficult and heavy illnesses and diseases to disappear so simply...mostly start to think that "I DID THIS"."WITH MY OWN ABILITY THIS HAPPENED"."I AM VERY ABLE AND POWERFULL HEALER">"I AM THE CHOSEN ONE"."GOD GAVE ME THIS CHARISMA" and so on.This never ends after...
This way the EGO grows bigger and bigger....and this not good!!!
Many good teachers know this behavior and they wait from the student to realize his/her fault condition and make the great turn to the pure love and compasion condition with no EGO.
There is no EGO but WE...
Not only between humans but between all the creation!!!
Its true that if you love something on you, you love it on the others too,and if you hate something to you, you hate it on others...
Others are mirrors of ourselves!
If you see your self beautyful all creation is beautyful....but always see with "healthy" eyes!

Light and Joy,Blessings and Wishes
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Erin
We have discussed this before too.
Most Reiki practitioners develop ego at level 2 when they start distance healing. Reiki is so effective that most Healers can facilitate dramatic healings. Sometimes they forget that they are mere channels of healings.
Also if one is basically egoistic(or any other negative quality) that feature comes up early & it increases. It is Reiki's way of healing as later it can really diminish dramatically. 
I was basically hot tempered.  >:( >:(  After my initial Usui 1 & 2 Attunements my friends observed that I was getting angry more; instead of pacifying (being on a spiritual path).  But in time I did quieten the temper & am quiet cool now. Never get provoked easily nowadays. lol  ;D  :D  ;D
here are some posts where we have discussed EGO...........

http://forums.theholisticcare.com/index ... ml#msg2563

http://forums.theholisticcare.com/index ... ml#msg2628

http://forums.theholisticcare.com/index ... 977.0.html

I must say it is hard to conquer Ego easily. Otherwise we would have many Buddhas & Jesus's around. We still see many forms of Ego in forums & Reiki groups where there can be personality clashes

God Bless
Last edited by hotice_steve on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myst

Post by Myst »

Hi John & Steve,
Thanks, for your thoughts on this!
I have been learning lessons of ego for some time, while using a different healing system and was curious about Reiki and the ego. I am sure there are many more lessons with Reiki, too!   ;)
For me, it is easy to get caught up in the NEED to help others (read savior complex) and the ego says "yes, yes! you are doing so well. Keep going!!!!!", and of course, this makes me feel good, too!  :D I have already stumbled (made big mistakes) several times and now I watch much more carefully.

Since I associate the ego with my self (even though I know it is but a thoughtform), I like to think the ego is not something to be "conquered" as much as "loved away". To me, so many words used to describe this dissolving, promote a feeling of "bad vs good" within me. I prefer a word more loving, at least for now ;)  As we begin to truly love ourselves, ego is not so important. If you look around, I think you will see that any time you see ego, you see a being that is not being loving to themselves and seeking what they need outside themselves. Even reading my words, I get uncomfortable in my chair.  :D  As I am kinder to myself, I see that I do not Need as much outside myself, as before. There is still much healing to do, and I am glad that Reiki also provides for healing of the psyche of the healer, as well. ;D

Thank you both, for your insightful comments. It has been very helpful to me and I am sure will be helpful to others, too!  As always, these are my 2 cents, your mileage may vary.  ;)

Love and Peace,
Erin

p.s. I may be away for awhile, but I will get back to reading now and then.
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Erin,
I really liked what you said. It is thought provoking & I agree to you.
Be back soon.
God Bless
readytolearn

Post by readytolearn »

Hello Erin,

I agree too, and just wondering are you feeling any better?  Hope all is well.

Tanisha
Myst

Post by Myst »

readytolearn wrote: Hello Erin,

I agree too, and just wondering are you feeling any better?  Hope all is well.

Tanisha
Hi Tanisha,
Yes, much better. It has been chronic, but fortunately, it is only once a month and even better, is that it is going away, after a lifetime of suffering. I have learned much about the pain in the last year, or so, and so (I believe), it is no longer necessary and the pain is getting milder and milder each time. We shall see what November brings and I hope for the best.
Thank you, for your kind thoughts.  :-*

Love and Peace,
Erin
readytolearn

Post by readytolearn »

I'm glad to hear that you are better, and claim that the pain is no more. I am continuing to send you healing light and love. :) :) ;D

take care.
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Erin,
Happy to hear about your improvement.
Sure November will be better.
Love & Light .
pradeep_shaktawat

Post by pradeep_shaktawat »

:F0
i m 100% agree with first post of Steve..
:F0