The Antahkarana: any one work with this symbol?

loveangels

The Antahkarana: any one work with this symbol?

Post by loveangels »

Any one who has worked with this symbol I would be interested in hearing your experiences.

I understand it is an ancient symbol used in healing and meditation.

Luv and light
Tom

Re: The Antahkarana: any one work with this symbol?

Post by Tom »

Antahkarana the symbol, which is 3-dimensional and looks like a cube with 7s drawn on it, does not require an attunement. Sometimes it will be included with Usui Reiki 1 classes so students can start learning to work with a symbol before their 2nd level class. When you visualize the symbol it is supposed to cause the microcosmic orbit to run spontaneously. That is a meditation from chi kung which circulates energy and causes energy to be taken from places where there is too much energy to places where there is not enough. Circulating energy this way is a technique for refining the quality of your energy.

Antahkarana also refers to a more complicated matter in a lot of new age and theosophy teachings. It is a cord which connects you to higher planes. If you believe in a Higher Self, it connects you to your Higher Self. If you believe in God, it connects you all the way back up to God. If you read about Ascension you will hear about the Antahkarana a lot and it is not the reiki symbol. You will also see it called the Rainbow Bridge. This makes researching the symbol more complicated.

I know someone who used to construct boxes made of wood, with the Antahkarana drawn or painted on the outside. There would be a lid to put things in and take them out. For example, crystals to be charged or a list of people to receive healing.
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Eva,
Many master have associated their own meanings to the symbol. It is important to know the actual meaning/definition of the word Antahkarana to remove the disambiguation associated with the symbol Antahkarana.
In Sanskrit Antahkarana means the most highest & most abstract part of the mind(mana). It is in a much higher plane than the sub-conscious and conscious part of the mind. Antahkarana is the part of the Higher Self which extends to join the Sub-conscious and the Conscious. Hence referred to as the Bridge/ Link
Antahkarana is a commonly used word in almost all languages in India. When a person reacts irrationally to any emotion he is told to probe deeper within & ponder the Antahkatrana so he can arrive to a rational conclusion.
The Antahkarana is responsible for the continuity of consciousness, physical actions & movement of Prana/ Ki/ Life Force.
Thus the Symbol itself acts primarily as a Amplifier of Life Force when used. It was used since ancient Vedic times in India. It later spread to Tibet & then used in many eastern cultures as a healing & meditating symbol.
There is no secrecy involved with the symbol and anybody can use it to get good fast results. Due to it’s peculiar shape & dimensions, meditation on the symbol automatically starts the Micro-Cosmic Orbit, sending Prana(Life Force) through the central energy channels and the body. During meditation, the symbol seems to shift and change, evolving into other images. The Antahkarana can be used to release negative energy from people or objects and can be used to clear crystals. Its energy has been proven by many healers for many years beyond its ancient history.
Personally I have used it & in fact it was a part of my Reiki Box.
I have added this symbol to my Karuna Ki Manual & encourage students to use it for clearing & to reach deeper issues. I tell the students to draw and print the Antahkarana symbol in the middle with the other symbols in your repertoire around it. It acts as a wonderful grid & amplifies the other symbols by its action. You can also use it singularly.
here is a image you can download & print.
loveangels

Post by loveangels »

Thanks for your reply Tom and Stephen.

Nemaste :)
lighthope

Post by lighthope »

is there any significance of color in antahkaran symbol? since i read somewhere that it shuld be of dark color like blue or purple.. but i have seen the red yellow green coloured also.. is the black ok? i also saw a mirror copy of the above depicted female antahkarn symbol but i dont know it was the correct symbol for use or not.. since i know that there is only four type of antahkaran symbol.. male female 4X4 array and one of + shape.. plzz clear my confusion..
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Monika,
By your description I think you are referring to a manual by a reputed Master. But I think the combinations are unnecessary.
A single Antahkarana is enough. The male & female Antahkarana can be identified only by size when compared together.
as mentioned by me you can then use any ethical symbol around it to amplify the effect of that symbol.
So its always better to use A Single clearly drawn Antahkarana.
The info given below by Tom & me is adequate for you to imprint the essence of the symbol in your mind. So keep it simple.
Colors have their attributes. you can use them to color the black part of the symbol, keeping the white background intactas white. The Antahkarana will amplify those attributes & create the mood you want.
Blessings,
stephen