Self Healing Thoughts

hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Self Healing Thoughts

Post by hotice_steve »

– From the book “Living Enlightenment” by Paramahamsa Nithyananda

You may have a medically fit body. That does not mean you are completely healthy. Of course, I can say from my experience of having seen millions of people, ninety nine percent of those who do not have the ‘self-healing clarity’ in their system are never able to maintain even physical health. When I say ‘self-healing clarity’, I mean the clarity and understanding to bring yourself out of depression whenever it tries to grip your consciousness.

I did a research study on a group of people who had been through some meditation programs and spiritual study. I asked them to write whatever came into their mind without editing for just twenty minutes. Then I asked another group of people who had never been exposed to spirituality to also write down whatever came into their minds without editing for the same twenty minutes. The results of the study were shocking.

In the case of those people who were not exposed to spirituality, if they had written one hundred thoughts, more than eighty of them were directing them more and more towards depression. Only twenty thoughts were self healing that could bring them out of depression. But in the case of those who were exposed to spirituality and meditation, I saw that more than sixty percent of their thoughts were self-healing! Only forty percent were taking them towards depression.

This is the impact of meditation. It keeps you healthy holistically.
Saille

Re: Self Healing Thoughts

Post by Saille »

Tashi delek, Steve,

Words of wisdom, for certain!

We're barely aware of all the negative self-talk we do every minute of every hour of every day. It's so easy to live our lives externally, measuring our lives based upon cultural and societal definitions, and trying to plan positive futures based upon the troubles and bad decisions of our pasts. We forget to live in the moment, in the now. Ego drives us to live in the past and future, perhaps because it must have a point of reference, and so cannot exist in the present moment.

Our bodies are a cumulative swirling of many factors. One of those is the health or dis-ease that cumulates at every moment from all of the thoughts, actions, words, and reactions we've done.

What we eat and drink; how, when, and if we move--or don't move; how we stand; how we breathe. All of these things contribute to our health.

No wonder we become overtaxed! No wonder our health suffers, our hearts become stressed, our breathing shortened, and our adrenals taxed from all the adrenaline constantly pumping as we try to keep up with external demands!

As the research shows, reflected in your email, we have more control than we believe. We can slow down. We can remember to focus upon our breathing, and take the time to be with ourselves, our whole selves. To remember to find that stillness within, when time and space fall away and we are. We can say, "I am," and know that we are part of everything, and that we are far more, as my Guides say, than we know. We ARE.

Namaste.