books

KARTIK

books

Post by KARTIK »

respected masters,
the more i am trying to understand more i am being miserable. i sometime see myself as a pupit of situations. situations say to laugh and i laugh. situation say to cry and i cry.i have listened about positive thinking. but it doesn't justify my thoughts. to neglect the sufferings cant stop sufferings. happiness and sufferings are same thing. if we accept the joy then the pains will come. no power can stop it. and its not the correct solution. i want to understand it. and it can't be done through intellect. i need guidance. i am not complaining about pains but i want to understand their nature. i want to understand him. please guide me how to do that. please suggest me some books which have pure wisdom.the books which are sold in the market are popular but they are just like the fence to the real wisdom..and please suggest me some book or practises of pratyahar. controlling concious mind is not the solution because after some time a bubble will come from the unconcious mind and will again disturb the conciouss mind. how to controll the unconcious mind?.
thank you :F0
KARTIK

Re: books

Post by KARTIK »

i just feel like the lines of vivekananda
"let no more delusive dreams veil of thy face from me,
my game is done o'mother, break my chains and set me free"
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mohan »

mohan wrote:When I Asked God for Strength
He Gave Me Difficult Situations to Face
When I Asked God for Brain & Brown
He Gave Me Puzzles in life to Solve
When I Asked God for Happiness
He Showed Me Some Unhappy People
When I Asked God for Wealth
He Showed Me How to Work Hard
When I Asked God for Favors
He Showed Me opportunities to Work Hard
When I Asked God for Peace
He Showed Me How to Help Others
God Gave Me Nothing I Wanted
He Gave Me Everything I Needed
- Swami Vivekananda
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mohan »

KARTIK wrote:..and please suggest me some book or practises of pratyahar. controlling concious mind is not the solution because after some time a bubble will come from the unconcious mind and will again disturb the conciouss mind. how to controll the unconcious mind?.
thank you :F0
In normal sleep consciousness is absent and the unconscious is in charge. In Yoga Nidra the consciousness directs the unconscious to relax. Yoga Nidra is a 'sleep' where all the burdens, stress, strain, anxiety are thrown off to attain more blissful state of awareness, a relaxation much more intense than ordinary sleep. Yoga Nidra is said to be the doorway to samadhi!'
Read more, http://www.theholisticcare.com/Yoga-nidra.htm
Bihar school of yoga has made remarkable research in this concerns.
I practice advanced yoganidra from 1996 and explored it little bit also will be releasing guided yoganidra audio. As time permits i will give final touch to it and share with you.
love,
Mohan
Saille

Post by Saille »

Namaste, Kartik,

Books are wonderful, and can offer wisdom and practical advice to the questions you want answered.

And friends and family are also excellent for giving advice or just standing by your side, flanking you with love and friendship.

Kartik, these things and people are both a part of who and what we are, since all things and people are connected. However, they are outside of the self. We can follow advice, but first we must take what we read and decide if it's true for us. We can hold steady with the people in our lives to support us, but we must also realize it is we who must do the work to evolve.

Above all, each person must come to a place after much darkness and questioning, grieving and withdrawing, when we realize that we have all the answers and all the comfort--we have it within already, since we're a part of the Divine Source. As a seed of the Divine, we already know.

What it takes, dear Kartik, is the time and energy, the stillness and the focused breath, to be with only the self. To pause from the world and be suspended within ourselves, and yet safe within the arms of our Source.

Come to that stillness and you will find your Self. For that, I believe, is what you seek. :F0

Saille
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mohan »

Dear Kartik,
Follow Saille's advice, also pass through Eckhart Tolle's book
The Power of Now: it is a Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment.
KARTIK

Post by KARTIK »

thank you for the advice. i have read about yoganidra but i never tried it. i decided to start from the beginning according to patanjali yoga sutra starting from yama to samadhi. but i found problem in practising pratyahar. but master saille is right .it needs preservance and focus. and i will start practicing yoga nidra as adviced by mohan sir. thanks again for the guidance . :F0
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mohan »

i have read about yoganidra but i never tried it. i decided to start from the beginning according to patanjali yoga sutra starting from yama to samadhi.
It is considered that, Yoga nidra originated in the experiments of Swami Satyananda Saraswati of bihar school of yoga, but that is not true. Yoga Nidra has been known for thousands of years by the sages and yogis (it is a part of Tantra yoga and not discussed by Maharshi Patanjali in astanga yoga). It was taught for the purpose of exploring the deep impressions or samskaras, which drive our actions or karma. we may find it's refrences in Mandukya Upanishad (referred to as prajna)
KARTIK

Post by KARTIK »

yes sir i agree. and i recently completed a marvellous soul touching book(biography) "living with himalayan masters" by swami rama. in it he has himself agreed that he slept 3 hours a day. but didnt explained it. i think its possible only by yoga nidra. :F0