Mother Teresa

bhawna91

Mother Teresa

Post by bhawna91 »

NAMASTE, :F0
Mother Teresa was a saint who lived in our midst. She was not an ordinary woman but had an extraordinary advice for ordinary people like you and me to become extraordinary people in our own right.

Here, I quote some of her words. See which of it appeals to you:
"We can do no great things; only small things with great love. :F0 "
"Be happy in the moment, that's enough. Each moment is all we need, not more. :F0 "
"Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. :F0 "
"Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person. :F0 "
"Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty. :F0 "
"Celebrate life and it will celebrate you!" :F0
"If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. :F0 "
"God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try." :F0
"There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread." :F0
"It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” :F0

Mother's life was an open book and if we can draw inspiration from her great work among the poorest of the poor of Kolkata as well as her sayings, we may be able to usher in a little divinity into our mundane lives as well. :F0 :F0 :gL
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mother Teresa

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Bhawna & friends,
Mother Teresa has been a Great Inspiration. If I have to single out one being who inspired me to be a Lightworker its her.
Time & Time again I have been blessed by her Grace.
Whenever I looked at my mother I saw Mother Teresa & vice-versa. Both not physically in my midst today & its the same.
Friends forget the praises on the quotes below & just reflect on them, contemplate on them with regards to your own self. See the wonders it does to your Throat Chakra.
I would like to share the incident which made me realize that she was an Enlightened being & not just a another holy person or great social worker.
  • The Pope of the Vatican once invited Mother Teresa & told her of how important it was of her presence at Peace Convention.(don't recollect whether the venue was Vatican/Switzerland or somewhere else in Europe)
    Mother replied,"I am feeding some hungry people & need to bandage some people with sores, if there is any time to spare I will consider peace & then the invitation itself.

Important lesson here is not to become a social worker or some Empath. It's to "Be in the Now" & do whats important to you.
Blessings.
Do give feedback if you will practice the meditation I gave above.
GailNelson

Re: Mother Teresa

Post by GailNelson »

Thank you for those quotes and the meditation.

I remembered as I sat quietly, that while Mother Teresa and others have inspired me to do good works, I was never inspired to be a light worker - rather dragged into it kicking and screaming. I wanted no part of the responsibility of it. Childish? Yes. So over the years, as I've studied various healing modalities, I told myself I just wanted more knowledge. Yeah, sure. LOL About a year ago, that delusion came to an end and I accept that responsibility gladly and try to bring a little joy into the lives of those around me. Whether it is through music, feeding them, or a simple smile. Helping a person feel appreciated goes a long way towards helping them heal.