Guru Purnima

hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Guru Pournima

Post by hotice_steve »

The day of full moon(Purnima), in the month of Ashadh of the Hindu calendar is traditionally celebrated as Guru Purnima .
Guru Purnima is celebrated in honor of Guru Veda Vyas. He is considered the Guru of Hindu Dharma, who wrote the Brahma Sutras, the eighteen Puranas and the Mahabharat. Veda Vyasa made several contributions to the Vedic literature. "He divided the Veda into four, namely Rig, Yajur, Sama and Atharva. The Itihasa(histories, Mahabharatha,Ramayana, Bhagavatha Puranas are said to be the fifth Veda."
It was this dividing and editing that earned him the honorific title "Vyasa" (vyas = to edit, to divide).
The festival is common to all spiritual traditions in Hinduism, where it is dedicated to the expression of gratitude towards the teacher by his/her disciple.
Guru is the important part of our life, guru plays a vital role in boosting the aspirant frequently, when he becomes despondent or simply runs out of steam. Gurus can lead one on the path of happiness and help in attaining salvation from worldly existence. The “Gurus” are considered to represent God himself. Guru is the one who dispels the darkness of ignorance and infuses the light of awareness into our lives.
Guru Brahma Gurur Vishnu,
Guru Devo Maheshwaraha.
Guru Saakshat Para Brahma,
Tasmai Sree Gurave Namaha.

Translated it means, “My salutations to the Guru who is Brahma, Vishnu and Maheswara. The Guru is Parabrahma incarnate”
Brahma, Vishnu , Mahesh(Shiva) is the hindu Holy Trinity.

The spiritual Gurus are revered on this day by remembering their life and teachings.
Seekers try to get as much opportunity to do Satseva of the Guru as possible during this period. As the Guru principle is 1000 times more active during this period, when compared to any other day during this year, the satseva done on Guru Poornima fetches substantial grace of the Guru for their spiritual progress.
The relationship between the Guru and the Disciple is considered very sacred. This relationship is purely spiritual in nature and is independent of age of the two. It is based on maturity of Gyan (Spiritual Knowledge) and Shradha (Spiritual Practice). The only awareness that a Disciple should foster is, ‘I should be uplifted spiritually’. The Guru too harbours only one thought, ‘May this Disciple be uplifted’. Relationships other than Guru-Disciple are bound by worldly restrictions wherein the ego constantly manifests itself while Gyan and other Shradha are spiritual .

:F0 My Salutations to Mohan my Guru-Bandhoo. Salutations to Rahul & other members from whom I have learned so much. you are my Guru-Bandhoo too. :wD
Thanks to all Seekers/students who have given me respect of a Guru.
:Lv :-*
My Blessings to all members.
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Guru Pournima

Post by mohan »

Wish you all Very Happy Guru Purnima.
May everyone be blessed and guided by their Gurudev.

hotice_steve wrote: :F0 My Salutations to Mohan my Guru-Bandhoo. Salutations to Rahul & other members from whom I have learned so much. you are my Guru-Bandhoo too. :wD
Oops!
Hey Bro, I had written you last year itself. Any way,
you are our Guru-Bandhoo too.
love and regards,
Mohan
Saille

Post by Saille »

Tashi delek,

Happy Guru Pournima to everyone. My thanks and blessings to everyone here.

Namaste
dJoshi

Post by dJoshi »

Dear Mohanji, Stephenji, :F0 :F0 :F0

Please accept my regards on the occasion of
GURUPURNIMA
and thanking you to give me blessing of spiritual
technique and knowledge.

Regards,

Deepesh Joshi
pradeep_shaktawat

Post by pradeep_shaktawat »

:F0
गुरु पूर्णिमा के पावन अवसर पर मेरे दोनों आध्यात्मिक गुरुदेवों:--- मोहन जी और स्टीव जी को शत् शत् नमन.....
आप दोनो का हार्दिक आभार,...आप लोगो के सहयोग से मै अपने आध्यात्मिक जीवन मे प्रगति कर रहा हूँ.

chandresh_kumar

Post by chandresh_kumar »

गुरु पूर्णिमा के पावन अवसर पर गुरुओं को सादर प्रणाम एवं सभी मित्रों को हार्दिक शुभकामनाये ..!

गुरु के आदर्शों और आदेशों का पालन कर उनका सम्मान करें और जीवन का उद्देश्य उनके सानिध्य में पूर्ण करें!

प्रसन्न रहें!!

On the auspicious occasion of Guru Poornima kind regards to Gurus and best wishes to all friends ..!

Must follow ideals and orders of Guru. Respect them and complete the purpose of life under the guidance of Guru.

Be happy Always!
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by hotice_steve »

The day of full moon(Purnima), in the month of Ashadh of the Hindu calendar is traditionally celebrated as Guru Purnima .
Guru Purnima is celebrated in honor of Guru Veda Vyas. He is considered the Guru of Hindu Dharma, who wrote the Brahma Sutras, the eighteen Puranas and the Mahabharat. Veda Vyasa made several contributions to the Vedic literature. "He divided the Veda into four, namely Rig, Yajur, Sama and Atharva. The Itihasa(histories, Mahabharatha,Ramayana, Bhagavatha Puranas are said to be the fifth Veda."
It was this dividing and editing that earned him the honorific title "Vyasa" (vyas = to edit, to divide).
The festival is common to all spiritual traditions in Hinduism, where it is dedicated to the expression of gratitude towards the teacher by his/her disciple.
Guru is the important part of our life, guru plays a vital role in boosting the aspirant frequently, when he becomes despondent or simply runs out of steam. Gurus can lead one on the path of happiness and help in attaining salvation from worldly existence. The “Gurus” are considered to represent God himself. Guru is the one who dispels the darkness of ignorance and infuses the light of awareness into our lives.
Guru Brahma Gurur Vishnu,
Guru Devo Maheshwaraha.
Guru Saakshat Para Brahma,
Tasmai Sree Gurave Namaha.

Translated it means, “My salutations to the Guru who is Brahma, Vishnu and Maheswara. The Guru is Parabrahma incarnate”
Brahma, Vishnu , Mahesh(Shiva) is the hindu Holy Trinity.

The spiritual Gurus are revered on this day by remembering their life and teachings.
Seekers try to get as much opportunity to do Satseva of the Guru as possible during this period. As the Guru principle is 1000 times more active during this period, when compared to any other day during this year, the satseva done on Guru Poornima fetches substantial grace of the Guru for their spiritual progress.
The relationship between the Guru and the Disciple is considered very sacred. This relationship is purely spiritual in nature and is independent of age of the two. It is based on maturity of Gyan (Spiritual Knowledge) and Shradha (Spiritual Practice). The only awareness that a Disciple should foster is, ‘I should be uplifted spiritually’. The Guru too harbours only one thought, ‘May this Disciple be uplifted’. Relationships other than Guru-Disciple are bound by worldly restrictions wherein the ego constantly manifests itself while Gyan and other Shradha are spiritual .

:F0 My Salutations to Mohan my Guru-Bandhoo. Salutations to Rahul & other members from whom I have learned so much. you are my Guru-Bandhoo too. :wD
Thanks to all Seekers/students who have given me respect of a Guru.
:Lv :-*
My Blessings to all members.
dJoshi

Post by dJoshi »

:F0 :F0 :F0 :F0 :F0 :F0

Guru Purnima ke pawan Awsar par
Shri Mohanji, Stephenji , Rahulji Evam Samast Guru Bandhuo ko mera Koti Koti pranam.

Aap sabhi ko dhanyabad deta hu jinki wazah se eis Janm me
kafi vidhyae sikhi ewam apka ashirwad chahta hu ki sadev
apka shishya bana rahu.

Love and Regards,

Deepesh
pallavi joshi

Post by pallavi joshi »

happy gurupurnima to everyone.....and special thanz to mohan sir and stephens sir for such a wonderful learning methodology of life....thank you so much :F0
pradeep_shaktawat

समस्त गुरुजनों और सदस्यों को गुरु पूर्णिमा की हार्दिक शुभकामनाये.
:Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv :Lv
angelicdiamond

Post by angelicdiamond »

देखो, मैं हिन्दी में बात कर रहा हूँ!

Happy Guru Purnima, everyone! I don't really know any Indian customs, and I can hardly pronounce the words you guys are saying, so I don't really have anything special to say. But I give my respect and blessings to everyone and to all the Gurus here and in the world!

Highest Blessings,
-Wes
chandresh_kumar

Post by chandresh_kumar »

Guru is the creator Brahma,
Guru is the preserver Vishnu,
Guru is the destroyer Siva

[quote]Guru is directly the supreme spirit —
I offer my salutations to all Gurus of THC... :F0

[/quote]
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Guru Purnima

Post by mohan »

Guru Purnima is the day you reflect on your life and honor the wisdom that life has offered. It is a day to be grateful. When you see how wisdom has transformed your life, you feel grateful for all that has come your way. Celebrating this feeling of gratitude is Guru Purnima.

Wisdom is there in each and every one of us, but we must throw light on our life, because when we throw light on our life, wisdom dawns. So everyday could be Guru Purnima in your life when you honor what life has taught you.
:wD
Attachments
gurupurnima.png
pradeep_shaktawat

Re: Guru Purnima

गुरु पूर्णिमा की आप सब को हार्दिक शुभकामनाए